Timely – Transparent – Trusted
A crisis communications holding statement is a short, concise statement that is issued by a company or organisation during a crisis situation to acknowledge the crisis and provide a limited amount of information while more detailed information is being gathered. A holding statement is typically used as a temporary measure until a more comprehensive response can be developed.
Holding statements should be carefully crafted and should include the following elements:
1. Acknowledgment of the crisis: The statement should acknowledge that a crisis has occurred and provide a brief overview of the situation.
2. Limited information: The statement should provide a limited amount of factual information about the crisis, such as the time it occurred, the location, and any known injuries or damages.
3. Empathy and concern: The statement should express empathy and concern for anyone who may have been affected by the crisis.
4. Actions taken: The statement should outline any actions that have been taken in response to the crisis, such as evacuating the area or contacting authorities.
5. Next steps: The statement should provide an update on any ongoing efforts to address the crisis, such as an investigation or clean-up efforts.
Holding statements are typically used to communicate with the media, but they can also be used to communicate with employees, customers, and other stakeholders.
For immediate expert assistance with construction and real estate-related issues, contact the Property District team in confidence at email@example.com or telephone +353 1 442 8811. www.propertydistrict.ie